NYC


New York.
Freezing cold, darkish skies, and the not so city like area I thought..."where are all the tall buildings?"
First time in a different unknown place, alone, but not scared. There they were. The endless tall buildings 10X bigger than DTLA haha~ It wasnt what I really imagined it to be!  Although it was beautiful, something about NY seemed mysterious to me...
"Don't let New York suck you in, because once you're sucked in, you will become addicted to it"
someone told me
ahah~ as I laughed a bit this line kept popping into my mind constantly
I felt free~ although I was a bit nervous. I wasn't scared. I felt ready to explore the world!


New York "the city that never sleeps" as my friend said and yes thats pretty true to what I hear too!
latest I stayed out in NY was like.. 3. 2:30am?? some people still roaming around.. I loved the vibe of NY. The energy it gave off~ Do you feel that to when you go to certain places? or is that just me..?
I told my friend that the Lincoln Center gave a vibe but he didn't understand what I was saying



The reason why I got to go on this trip was because of my dear friends and family and alot more other people who supported me.
Thanks to them I got to show a little bit of myself and who I am and what I was able to create~
Getting this opportunity really gave me a boost and confidence to believe that I can do it!
I got to experience amazing things because of all my supporters and Aquafina for making this happen. <3 
So I thank them so much. Words can't describe how thankful I am and THANK YOU is not enough.
So basically I went to NY for fashion week~ and a competition from Aquafina
we had a 1 hour live challenge to design something out of unknown materials with people just watching us.
It was very intimidating because these people KNOW fashion.
there were 3..or 4 judges from past project runway seasons who later chose the winner~
The whole time I was trying to keep it cool and calm.. and pretend I knew what I was doing, but really I wasnt. hahah~ inside my heart was pounding, my thoughts were going crazy, and I couldn't think of anything.. usually when I design I have to close my eyes and think, but .. wouldnt it be a bit weird if I just stood there and close my eyes while everyone is rushing around thinking about how 1hr could go by so fast?? ahha~ so I just began grabbing random stuff.. trying to piece things together... and this is what I came up with~ haha! I tried to keep it me still adding the touch of girlishness and a special focused detail.
When the judges came and asked me about my design I was so nervous.. I couldn't think properly.. so I couldn't explain.. *sigh
Although I didn't win, I am more than grateful for this CRAZY AMAZING chance to do something like this.
my improvised design
taken by J. Countless 
I mean. opportunities like this don't come by so often and thinking about it.. from about 100+ contestant down to top 10.. then to top 4~ that.
was already a win for me.
There will be more of me for sure. I know it. I just have to keep working at what I need and what I do, creating~

after this party event the next day we had a free day~ so I explored some parts of New York with my friend and his sister and her husband.
they were really nice.. I wish I talked to them more.. but I am a shy person.. so I kinda make things...awkward. you know~~ 
that is if I dont know you too well I am sorry haha~
I wonder who will read this..... 
erm. yes. then on friday we were suppose to see project runway season 11 finale... but since the storm was coming in my flight got cancelled so I either had to leave early or stay until it was over, but I was risking it.. 
I wish I stayed, but my family wanted me back home for chinese new years..
so I had to miss the show...; ^ ;

Well.. to say I did have a great time there, but I felt like I could've seen so much more. I didn't get to see central park.. the number one place I wanted to go : ( and I didn't get to buy a I <3 NY t-shirt.. I don't know why I didn't just buy one.. ... I really don't know why.. 
I miss it though! Ill come back forsure one day ..but not in winter... too cold for me to handle!
You cannot go to NY in the winter without a pair of good gloves.. ur hands WILL freeze.
But for now I'll leave this as it is.. I feel like this is a horrible blog..but.. w.e its mine right? ahha~
I probably wasted 30 min. of my life writing this and about.. 5 min of your life if u actually read this till the end... haha sorry~ I am probably just tired right now.. so GOOD NIGHTS~


taken by my friend's brother~ in front of our hotel~

JUNNIIBUG <3

No comments:

Post a Comment